Sincere thanks to PJ and Ihar at Bellamay Hard Landscaping. for their unique and special gift of this beautiful notice board to the Parish. PJ shared a few words with the congregation at 10am Mass yesterday to explain the project. With the exception of the locks, bolts and fixings, all the materials used for the notice board are recycled – more details below.
PJ and Ihar work hard with our parish caretaker Des to make our parish grounds a place of beauty and welcome. As a parish community, we were delighted to recognise their work and honoured to receive this special gift.
Thank you too to all our parishioners who contribute to the weekly / monthly Family Offering and to those who made special donations to the Parish Upkeep Fund to support many of our projects including our memorial garden and Marian grotto.
The photograph shows PJ Allen presenting the notice board as a gift to our Parish Priest, Fr Robert, following the Sunday Mass.
More details on the project: #LaudatoSi
– Indonesian pallet wood was planed, sanded and treated
– The magnetic board was recycled from a box body truck then cleaned, polished and sealed.
– The polycarbonate glass was recycled from a Bellamay landscaping project.
– The steel structure for the roof was constructed from an old bed frame which was sealed and treated.
– The roof tiles were constructed from recycled decking.
– The Cross was constructed from an ash tree felled as part of a project five years ago.
– The wood strips on the core structure and doors were recycled from an old teak garden furniture set.
– Steel was reclaimed from scrap yards in Mayo and other Bellamay projects then sanded and galvanised to avoid rust in the future.
The project was completed lovingly by Clint and Mary in Co. Mayo by hand including the beautiful lettering welcoming parishioners and visitors alike to the Church of the Nativity of Our Lord.