Lent is just around the corner. As you decide on how to make your annual Lenten commitment to prayer, fasting and almsgiving, here are some ideas in your local parish to deepen your prayer life:
- could you attend daily Mass for Lent? Throughout Lent, we will celebrate Mass at 10am and 7:30pm on weekdays, 10am and 6pm on Saturdays and 10am and 12pm on Sundays.
- would you like to deepen your relationship with the Lord?
Life in the Spirit seminars will take place every Monday at 8:15pm in the Parish Hall.
- could you spend a weekly holy hour with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament?
There will be a holy hour after Mass each Wednesday evening.
- could you make a weekly commitment to pray the Stations of the Cross?
Every Friday at 7pm, we will meditate on the Via Crucis in the church. Mass will follow immediately after the Stations.
- could you spend an hour each week reflecting on the loving mercy of our Crucified Saviour?
Every Friday at 3pm, the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy and other devotions will be prayed in the church.
- could you grow closer to Christ through His Blessed Mother?
We will pray the Rosary after the 10am Mass, Monday to Saturday.
- are you a young adult seeking to pray with your peers?
The Jesus Youth Group meets on Fridays in the Parish Centre at 5:30pm and you are welcome.
- could you spend time with the Lord in private prayer?
The church is open from 7:30am on weekdays and from 9:45am at the weekend. It remains open until 4pm and will reopen for evening liturgies.
- can you trust in God’s mercy and let go of your sins?
Confessions after 10am and 6pm Masses on Saturdays.
Lent begins on Wednesday: “Repent, and believe in the Gospel!”
Welcome all who seek to know the love of the Lord.